Saturday, January 31, 2009

Guard Chicken




Puffer has become my new guard chicken at the front door. She liked hanging out in the sun for a few hours this afternoon, but was not moving far from the door, even though her lameness is no longer evident. Puffer walked around the porch, picking up bits of lettuce, apple, and cookies that I scattered for her. She's looking pretty healthy. Puffer and I have grown accustomed to being roommates; we chat daily when I leave for work in the morning and come home at night. Puffer likes complaining about the cold; her water was frozen every morning and every evening. She doesn't like being alone all day either.
One day this week, Ginna, our neighbor and my step mother, brought the newspaper over to leave on the porch so I could get educated when I got home. Ginna was not expecting Puffer's warm greeting. Ginna gave a startled little chirp and Puffer chirpped back. Puffer thought this was grand entertainment, but Ginna left without so much as saying goodbye. Puffer is still a little miffed about the incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment