Thursday, January 22, 2009


This "Change Mandala" was one created in an expressive art group that I lead at work. The process involved thinking about change that you would like to focus on during this new year, thinking of an image to represent that change, drawing the image on the plywood circle and gluing pebbles, shells, glass, mirrors and beads on the image.
My image began with water (I did not draw out my image) and during the creative process of gluing on the pieces it became a mushroom. This process was completed over a few days. My intention for the year was to drink and immerse in water.
The mushroom could refer to picking wild mushrooms, which I would love to learn to do; it could refer to magic and magical times; it could refer to a vegetarian diet; it could refer to psychadellic experiences. Whatever the creative process produced, I own it, even if I don't understand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment